We like to use our Discover card when we are making large purchases or traveling. Although we like to pay cash for everything that we can, when it comes to larger purchases or trips, we like to use our Discover card to earn rewards. We pay it off before it accrues interest and still earn cash back! It is nice because the next big purchase we make, we have some cash back to apply towards it! It works out great!
When August rolls around, it is time to get clothes, shoes, backpacks, lunchboxes, school supplies and more! We try to do all of our shopping during Tax Free Holiday weekend and save even more money!
Check out the perks of having a Discover Card:
- Earn up to $120 in travel rewards–1,000 Bonus miles every month you make a purchase for the first year
- 1 Mile on every $1 you spend – Plus flexible redemption options like travel credits, merchandise, gift cards or cash
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% – 20.99%*
- No restrictions on travel–fly on any airline, book any hotel or car, with no blackout dates
- Travel benefits include secondary collision damage insurance when you rent a car with your Miles by Discover card
- Discover is ranked #1 in customer loyalty–16 years in a row! (2012 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index report)
- Great rewards with no annual fee, no rewards redemption fee, and no additional card fee
- *Click apply to view rates, fees, rewards, limitations and other important information Click Here